Terms and Conditions
TERMS and CONDITIONS
Terms & Conditions for Bookings at the Old School House, Bainbridge, DL8 3EL
By making a booking to stay with us, you are entering a legal contract that is subject to these terms and conditions
- ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’: refers to the owners of the Old School House, Bainbridge
- ‘You’: the person who makes the booking and enters their name and address into Our online booking system or gives this information over the phone when making a telephone booking.
- Property: the Old School House, Bainbridge, DL8 3EL
- Terms: the terms referred to in this document and any other terms given to you by Us or the Owner.
- Accommodation: the accommodation provided to you at the Property for a set period of time detailed out in your Booking and agreed by Us.
- Booking: your request for accommodation made through Our online booking portal or over the telephone.
- Check-in date: the date and time at which your accommodation booking begins at the Property.
- ‘In Writing’ or ‘Written’: includes correspondence via email unless we state otherwise.
2.General terms and conditions
- You must be 18 years of age or over when the booking is made.
- We reserve the right to refuse the booking for any lawful reason.
- You may occupy the Property solely for the purpose of a holiday (as defined in the Housing Act 1988, Schedule 1, Paragraph 9) and it is understood that no assured shorthold tenancy, statutory periodic tenancy or any other type of tenancy will arise other than a holiday letting.
- The Old School House is a holiday cottage for individuals / family groups only. We do not accept groups for stag/hen or any other party occasion, meetings or groups of work colleagues.
3.Prices and payment
- Our quoted prices are per Property for accommodation only and include cleaning on departure, bed linen and towels, electricity, water, central heating and a basket of logs. Cot linen is not included.
- Payments can be made in UK sterling by credit or debit card.
- Bookings are made via Our website booking portal or via the telephone.
- All bookings remain provisional until payment has been received in cleared funds through Our online payment system or over the telephone.
- Unless payment has been made within 48 hours of making the provisional booking (unless alternative arrangements have been made), the provisional booking will be treated as cancelled.
- Bookings are classed as provisional until all payments due at this time are paid (see below for details of what payment is required and when).
- We will confirm in writing the booking with You.
- At the point We confirm the booking in writing a contract is formed between You and Us. Contact Us immediately if any information which appears on the booking confirmation is incorrect or incomplete.
- A deposit of 30% of the total rental cost of the Property must be made at the time of the provisional booking.
- The balance of the rental cost must be paid in full in cleared funds eight weeks prior to Your date of arrival at the Property unless You have already authorised Us to take the balance of payment from Your debit or credit card.
- A reminder will be sent to You by email one week before this date. Failure to comply with Our payment terms may lead to the booking being treated as cancelled whereupon Our standard cancellation terms will apply (see cancellation paragraph below)
- Alterations to a booking - The dates of a booking may be changed providing the Property is available for the new dates and We accept the new booking. Any difference in price must be met by You or will be refunded to You on confirmation of the new booking. Otherwise the original booking will be treated as a cancellation and the cancellation terms will apply.
- Cancellations can only be accepted by speaking to Us directly on the telephone or sending Us an email. Your cancellation is only valid when We have spoken to You directly or responded to Your email.
- If You notify us in writing more than 56 days before the holiday start date that You wish to cancel, the cancellation charge is 100% of the deposit already paid.
- If You notify us 56 days or less before the holiday start date, the cancellation charge is 100% of the holiday price.
- Please note that all cancelled bookings will be subject to an administration fee of £25 in addition to the above charges.
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance – To cover any costs caused by You having to cancel, curtail or postpone, we recommend You take out appropriate cancellation insurance.
6. Non-availability of Accommodation
- We would only cancel your booking if the Property was unavailable for reasons beyond Our control. We would refund all net monies we have received for the booking. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
- The cottage will be available to you for check-in after 4.00pm on the day of arrival
- Details for accessing the Property will be provided to you no less than 24 hours prior
- On the day of departure, You must vacate the Property by 10.00am at the latest to allow Us time to prepare it for Our next guests.
- We expect the accommodation to be left clean and tidy. If, in Our opinion, additional cleaning is required, You will be liable to Us for the cost of this cleaning.
- Please ensure to tell Us about any breakages / damage prior to departure
- Any item taken from the property without our consent will be charged for.
- Lost keys will incur a £50 charge
9. Your obligations
- You and all members of Your party agree:
- to keep the property clean and tidy
- to leave the Property in a similar condition as You found it when You arrived
- to behave in a way at all times while at the Property which does not break any law
- not to use the Property for any illegal or commercial purpose - not to sublet the Property or any part thereof or otherwise allow anyone to stay in it who we have not previously accepted as a member of your party
- not to behave in anti-social manner, breach the peace or otherwise act in a way which may disrupt or affect the enjoyment of others
- not to smoke inside or outside within the grounds of the property. If You fail to observe this prohibition You will be charged a penalty in addition to the cost for the cleaning of soft furnishings and any other additional cleaning required to remove all traces of smoke from the Property.
- not to allow more than 7 persons to stay overnight in the Property (plus a baby using the cot).
- not to hold events (such as parties, stag/hen do’s or meetings) at the property.
- If You do any of these things, We can refuse to hand over the Property to You, or can repossess it. If We do this, We will treat this as You cancelling the booking. In these situations You will not receive a refund of any money You have paid for Your booking. And We will not be legally responsible to You as a result of this situation. (This will include, for example, any costs or expenses You have to pay due to not being able to stay in the Property, such as the cost of finding other accommodation.) We aren’t under any obligation to find any alternative accommodation for You.
- Two well-behaved dogs are welcome at the Property, there is a charge for this as specified on the booking portal.
- There are no specific modifications to the Property or facilities at the Property to accommodate dogs.
- Dogs must be included in the reservation at the time of booking or added by contacting Us before arrival
- Dogs must not be left alone or unattended in the Property
- Dogs are not allowed in any bedrooms or on any furniture
- Any mess caused by the dog inside or outside the property must be removed and disposed of in a sanitary manner, including dog hair, dog poo etc.
- You are responsible for any damage caused by the dog to the Property either externally or internally or if extra cleaning is required any costs incurred will be charged to you.
- We can not be held responsible for the safety of Your dog whilst staying at the Property.
11. Electric Vehicles.
- Guests are not permitted to use the domestic electricity supply to charge cars. This is a safety issue and could invalidate our insurance
- You are responsible for and agree to reimburse Us all costs incurred by Us as a result of any breakage or damage in or to the Property which is caused by You or any members of Your party, including dogs, or any other persons invited into the property by You
13. Right of Entry
- We, Or Our Representatives have a right to access the Property at any reasonable time during Your stay to carry out essential maintenance or undertake essential checks. We will endeavour to give reasonable notice to You, If practicable. Gardeners and maintenance staff may also enter the grounds during Your stay but will try as best as possible to not interfere with Your enjoyment of the Property.
- We want You to have a lovely holiday, so please contact Us immediately if any problem arises so that we can resolve it as quickly as possible.
- It is often extremely difficult (and sometimes impossible) to sort out difficulties properly unless We are told promptly.
- In particular, complaints which would only be temporary (for example, complaints on how the property is prepared or if the heating not working) and cannot possibly be investigated unless registered during your stay
- We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of Your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by Ourselves
- We are not responsible for the failure or interruption of the supply of water, electricity or broadband to the Property or the removal of waste water from the Property or for the breakdown of domestic and mechanical equipment such as heating or plumbing systems or boilers. In such circumstances, We
will take all reasonable steps to reinstate the supply or service or repair any equipment as soon as practicable.
- Any data collected during the course of this booking will be stored on Our computer(s) and/or booking diary.
- From time to time we may contact you by email about promotions and offers, unless You specifically tell Us not to.
- Your details will only be used by Us and We will not share them with any third party
- We will comply with Government rules / guidelines in force at the time of Your stay.
- Cancellations due to Covid-19 are treated in the same way as all other cancellations – see section 5.